Life Coaching for Teenagers
Life Coaching helps teens get to know who they are and what matters most to them. Coaching differs from counseling by putting the client in charge. Teenagers choose what areas of their life they would like to see improve, and by choosing the coaching topics they become highly invested in the outcome. Whether teens receive coaching in-person, or online, they work with Jamie to develop a unique plan that will help them improve in areas they are struggling. Clients are excited by the fact that they get to see immediate results if they commit to their coaching plan. Coaching is a rewarding experience for teens and parents; it offers teens greater self-confidence and it offers parents peace of mind knowing their child is reaching his or her full potential.
Meet Ellen, and hear how working with me has helped
Coaching means you have someone you can tell anything too, in a situation where there is no judgement.
Take a look at the two packages below to choose the coaching approach you think would be best for your teen. Whether they need to improve a little in an area, or if they are really struggling, life coaching can help.
Problem Solving Package
Sometimes teens simply need help solving a problem. Whether that problem is trouble with a friend, dropping grades, finals week (stress!), poor study habits, anxiety about the future, whatever it is, we can address it during the 3-week Problem Solving Package
- 3, 50-minute private coaching session with Jamie, via phone or Facetime
- mid-week email check-in to be sure your teen is making the most of their commitment
- Weekly challenges that give teens a practical way to practice each weeks learning
- Increased self-awareness each week
- 25-minute private parent coaching session to create an ongoing support plan for teen
Coaching for Success Package
Coaching for Success is a comprehensive, 6-week online coaching package that offers your teen a high level of support to help them face whatever challenges they are going through. Being a teenager is tough! Break-ups, losing friends, struggling in school, family relationships, anxiety, stress… any one of those things is enough to make life hard. Online coaching can offer teens the perfect level of support to help them move through these changes and come out the other side happier than they though possible. If you worry that counseling isn’t the right fit for your child, give coaching a shot.
- 1, 70 minute parent session to help Jamie learn about the challenges your teen is facing
- 4, 50 minute private coaching sessions for your teen via phone or Facetime
- midweek emails to help your teen keep to their action plan
- 1, 50 minute parent followup session to learn about your teens successes and create an ongoing support plan for your teen
Benefits of life coaching include:
- Increased confidence, self-awareness, & self-esteem
- Stronger sense of self-worth
- Improved ability to recognize right and wrong
- Stronger decision making skills
- Ability to set and achieve goals
- Desire to “dream big”
- Ability to spot signs of an unhealthy relationship early, respecting themselves enough to move on from an unhealthy relationship, and recovering from breakups.
- Improved grades, work ethic, & family relationships
- Advanced communication skills
- College readiness
- Happier teens
- Healthier friendships
- And more!
Coaching in The Press
Check out this article in the Huff Post about how coaching is gaining popularity with teens!